Monday, June 05, 2006

migration part 2

it's been a month here in the concrete jungle. and my heart aches for home. but then the God of my travels reminds me to that the journey walks its own pace. i would need to gear up for the long haul:

1. patience. waiting is an art i still have to master. God's will is my brush, his assurance is my canvas.
2. courage. to face one's fears requires sure footing. often times i need a new pair of shoes.
3. faith. the last time i jumped off a cliff i took too much time hesitating. this time around did i just brace for impact?
4. vision. i'd like to stare straight at the sun. i'd like to know if the terminal is filled with familiar faces.
5. grace. a rest stop is a place to take stock of one's steps. and to get distracted. i need grace to keep me company or i might not wake up.
6. prudence. the easy way is overrated. my life's compass sometimes needs fixing.
7. love. i think i'm still selfish. but i think love thinks of me, and won't let me go.

the God of my surrender says, "I always Am. There was no one else. For you, it's Me."

with this said, i hang on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home