Saturday, March 01, 2003

i'm still awake... my head reeling... i know pain once again... i come home tonight from what would have been a night filled with joyful fellowship with my friends to a solitary message: boy with cancer... and my heart broke... i honestly chose to think about it... and i felt no tears flow from me... my cheeks were as dry as the chilly kiss of winter... but in my chest was a pounding cry for help... once again, pain visited me... and i will, in turn, visit pain... no, this isn't angst... but a cold reality... something writers can capture but never truly own... such is the truth of mortal life... and of the Divine plan for all who walk this earth... "Dear Kim, i choose to cry for you, i choose to be on my knees, i choose to pray, but i choose life for you." i also ended up writing a song about this... still trying to figure it out... God Himself will give me the words... and suddenly the icy waters fell... once more, pain is my friend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home