Friday, March 07, 2003

death... and life... and i thought i would be able to comprehend... i guess my heartstrings are a little rusty... *off-tune violin* [pause] see, today is ASH THURSDAY... a dear friend's father passed away... a shock... a sober note... a human condition... but my 'trying-hard' rhetoric cannot match this one, solitary angst... and i once again seek the comfort of my pillows, and a box or 2 of soft tissue... and maybe the alarm will wake me up... i just came home from her place; me & other friends visited and prayed for her Dad... it was hard to say anything... it was awkward to say too much... no one gets used to things like this... but i'm reminded of how Jesus may have felt losing his (earthly) father Joseph... and He knew this life would be difficult... and so i dedicate this to my very dear, very loved friend J.R.--

Remembrance
Just when the sun was to rise again
I lost the sight of your radiant glow
The moon suddenly cast a shadow
Upon my nights

Words cannot paint a picture
My face and features show
A pale reflection of the pain
My heart alone can know

But You are my only hope
In You, O Lord will I stand
With me in my arduous journey
You keep a steady pace

Into the quiet I rest
Into the depths of Your mercy
Your love has saved me
Your strength has delivered me

Just when I lost my footing
I gained a faith to lean on
The more I seek your face
The more You draw near to me

Just when the sun went to sleep
I drank from the waters of life
The moon was bright again
Heaven was in my sight

J.R. taught me to love because of, and inspite of... and so i do... my dear friend, love you... just because...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home